maple pumpkin oat muffins :: oh, my!

i came across this perfect fall, thanksgiving muffin recipe on pinterest. i’m not the biggest pumpkin flavour fan, but there was something about these muffins that made me want to try them. so, i did.

the recipe for the maple pumpkin oat muffins with maple glaze is directly from the hazel bloom.

yield: approx. 12 muffins.

Ingredients:

Maple Pumpkin Oat Muffins

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger*
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
  • 1 cup buttermilk (if you don’t have butter milk, take one cup milk and mix in 1tbsp of lemon or white vinegar.)
  • 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree – canned or homemade
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 egg (i used egg substitute)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Cinnamon-Maple Glaze

• 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, depending on your tastes
  • 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons milk
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Line 12 standard (1/3 cup) muffin cups with cupcake liners.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
  4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla.
  5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk just until the ingredients are well incorporated. Try not to overmix!
  6. Bake for about 22 – 25 minutes, until the top of the muffins spring back when poked and a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
luckily for me, i had some seriously cute help. lion was a wonderful mixer of ingredients!

i skipped the glaze part, as i thought the muffins were sweet enough and the sticky mess from the glaze was not something i wanted to to deal with.

we all loved the muffins.
to all my canadian friends, go whip up a batch this weekend for thanksgiving this weekend! yum!

Comments

thanks so much for coming by and thanks for the sweet compliments!! i’m not much of a baker either, but these muffins are pretty easy; get your kids to help!

These muffins look great. The nude bottomed little boy pic just added to the fun of the post. Thanks for sharing. I’m stopping by from the Heavenly Treats linky party.

OMG! I love the picture of your little helper :) Potty training or just free-balling it?! These muffins are right up my alley – pumpkin and oats. Can’t wait to try them. I found you through the What’s Shakin’ party.

Looks lovely! I’ll have to see if there are still pumpkins in the supermarket :)
    I love to roast and puree a whole one and use some for baking and some for an Indian-spiced soup. Your blog is really pretty!

These look amazing! Thank you so much for linking them up with Foodie Friends Friday! I am sharing them on my Walking on Sunshine Facebook page this morning. Please come back and VOTE on Sunday! Following you here now!

So glad I stopped by from Pamela’s Heavenly Treats Party:) Your recipe sounds fantastic and I had to laugh when I saw your helper…reminded me of my kids when they were little:) Have a great week~ now following~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

Your muffins look delicious. Always thought clothing was optional when cooking. LOL! Love your mini chef helper! Thank you for sharing your recipe on Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party. Hope you come back and party with us again next week!

Kelly {Adorned Well}
    co-host of Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party

HAHAHAHAHAHA Those muffins and your muffin are just wonderful!! hehe

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! I’m looking forward to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

I love maple anything! Yum! And as a Mom to three boys that little butt just made me laugh out loud!
    Popping over from the Sweet 2 Eat party. Would love to have you come by our “Best Of The Weekend” party! Three hosts and EVERYONE gets pinned!
    Have a great week! :)