lion and i baked some yummy muffins. i love to have his help in the kitchen. he is so determined to mix and stir everything for me! so sweet!
this time i used blueberries and strawberries, but i have also used pears, apples, dried cranberries, dried apricots and banana’s in this recipe. really just depends what you have on hand, and what flavours you want to mix together. the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, which i think is a bit much, so i often reduce that and add some extra fruit. delish!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg (or egg replacer of choice)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 fruit finely chopped
muffin cups. i prefer the aluminum ones as they peel off of the baked muffins so much easier.
1. preheat oven to 400F.
2. add dry ingredients to a bowl. then, add the wet ingredients. mix well together.
3. add fruit to mix and stir.
4. place muffin cups into the pan. then add muffin dough into the cups. put a thinly sliced strawberry on top, as a decorative touch!
5. bake until your fork comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
6. let cool before taking a yummy bite!