we love cookies around here and the boys love to bake them! recently we made these family faves, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, with colourful chocolate sprinkles thrown in for good measure. this recipe is not really any different from most cookie recipes except, it is egg free!
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp egg substitute
3/4 – 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup colourful large sprinkles
3/4 cup sun flower seeds or chopped nuts
1. preheat over at 350F and line two cookie sheets.
2. add dry ingredients and mix in a bowl.
3. blend and mix wet ingredients in a bowl.then add dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
4. shape dough in to balls and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets, then flatten. bake one cookie sheet at a time until cookies are lightly browned all over. approx 12-15 minutes. place on rack to cool.
5. enjoy with a glass of milk!
YUM! YUM! YUM!
what kind of cookies do you like to dunk into your cuppa tea or coffee?