~ earth day ~

earth day crafts, kids crafts, earth day

earth day around the corner.

how will you discuss this important day with your kids?below, i have compiled 10 fun projects you can do with the kids. projects that will hopefully initiate some kind of dialogue about planet earth, how we must care for and why. some of the links i included are from adult artists (like the painter rocks and sticks), but kids can have a blast looking for the materials and then decorating them. this list is just a starting point, like a brainstorming session.

earth day, crafts, earth day crafts, kids crafts, natural ctafts

1. stained glass earth [ mom on time out]
2. tree craft fro toddlers [momma rambles]
3. glitter earth handprint [apples and abc’s]
4. painter sticks [molly goldberg]
5. stick wreath [sf girl by bay]
6. painted rocks [sand between my toes]
7. living centre piece [live renewed]
8. gnome house [the gardeners anonymous blog]
9. terranium tutorial [pieced pastimes]

jenny, over at the jenny evolution has compiled a fantastic collection of books  (HERE) to get the discussion about earth day rolling with your kids. “the giving tree” is on her list; it’s a book i can’t read to the kids without crying! gets me every time!

to me, earth day is not just about the planet, but also focussing on the details that make up our beautiful round home. the trees, the soil, the sticks, the worms, the varying weather and so on.

EVERY DAY SHOULD BE EARTH DAY!

feel free to add links in the comment section to your earth day themed projects!
i would love to see what you have been or will be up to!

Comments

my eldest always reminds me that i will cry when we’re settling in to read the giving tree. hahaha!
      we painted rocks for father’s day last year, kids loved it! you can do patterns or even do letters on them or numbers… whatever! i thin we’ll make the wind catcher.

Thanks for sharing the activities you found! I will share them with my sisters who teach grade school. One of them has 4 kids of her own and will enjoy these. I agree, every day should be earth day, we only have ONE!

Visiting from the Sugar Bee Crafts linky party. Thanks so much for sharing credits to the projects you’ve compiled! I saw some of the same on other compilation posts and none of them were linked back to the original posts. Very helpful to have the link backs (and the right thing to do in my opinion!). I think my guys will have a blast painting sticks and rocks. And, it’s been ages since I’ve read The Giving Tree, so that’s going on the Earth Day list too! Thanks again!

i try to be meticulous about sourcing my stuff, because i hope and trust that if people share my recipes or projects, they’ll source it back to me. but, you’re right, not everyone does. that’s life i suppose!
      enjoy the projects and get your hanky out for the giving tree! thanks for stopping by!

I planned on starting a potted plant with my 5yo daughter. These ideas seem awesome and I love the originality! I’m visiting you from thissillygirlslife.com link up party! I’m Jennice by the way

What a wonderful Earth day round up, thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection! We appreciate you taking the time to link up, make sure to check back on Friday when we feature out favorites.
    Leslie

These are all so cool! The gnome house is just too cute πŸ™‚ And I can’t wait to try some of those tree crafts with my little guy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders and have a lovely day!

DARN! So sad I didn’t see this post before yesterday! Love your blog Lola and can’t wait to look around more! I’m your newest follower now and I hope you’ll stop by to follow back!

Our Journey