today i tried to make an appointment for my annual MRI and was treated with blatant disrespect by two different staff members at my local hospital. i am still fighting back tears, because it’s not like i want to be there dealing with this.
oh how happy i would be if i never had be inside a MRI machine again.
so i wrote this…
to the hospital workers i have encountered who have been rude and disrespectful to me over the last few years this is for you…
- i’m sorry i was diagnosed with a pituitary gland tumour.
- i’m sorry i had to make an appointment and called your department, and you answered.
- i am deeply sorry my brain tumour inconvenienced your day.
- i’m sorry when you repeatedly use words like “protocol” you assume that i know what you mean. i’m sorry that when i ask you to clarify, you keep using that word, with snark in your tone.
- i’m sorry you i don’t understand or know your protocols.
- i’m sorry my health issues and the health issues of others have created your job and many others in your hospital.
- i’m sorry you chose me as target for your bad mood.
i am so fed up with being talked down to as though i am stupid, irrelevant and worthless. i had a serious health crisis and because of that crisis i will continue on going care and attention from the medical world for years and years to come. being made to feel stupid for simply trying to make an MRI appointment is wrong. i do not deserve to be spoken to in a tone that implies and drips with judgement.