i know many kids have already returned back to school. my eldest goes back next week, and to prepare i have collected some healthy, fun lunch ideas! my bear gets easily distracted from eating, so i’m hoping if i change things up a little and create little fun surprises, then maybe he’ll be more inclined to eat. we’re vegetarian and his school is a nut-free, waste-free zone, so i want to make sure he’s getting everything he needs in a day with these restrictions in place!
i guess only time will tell!
how do you get your kids to eat their school lunches?
it’s so easy to always make the same thing for lunch. i love these ideas, because it shows that if you think a little out of the box you can really get creative!
here’s what to think about:
- presentation is key; it’s not just about fun shapes, think brisght colours too
- hitting the oh-so important food groups
- cutting things into smaller, bite-sized portions
- don’t forget about drinks too
- investing in good BPA-free containers that are easy for kids to open and close
- don’t forget to label all the pieces of the lunch sets
sooooooooooooooo…. here we go!
make your own sushi from bear & lion
may the force be with you bento box from wendolomania
healthy choices from i pack lunch
vegan club sandwich from healthy. happy. life.
roasted tomato grilled cheese from the wimpy vegetarian
slow roasted tomato basil and hummus wraps from oh my veggies
falafel & tzatziki from peas and thank-you
pizza pops from bear & lion
vegan sweet potato, coconut milk and sweet chili ravioli from reclaiming provincial
christmas cactus from organized bites