here is a fun, simple and creative craft project for kids. my 5 YO was happy to do most of the work himself, which was great!
- tube like containers like toilet paper rolls, yoghurt containers, etc
- various colours of tissue paper
- duct tape & string
- scissors, glue, markers, stickers, paper, sparkles
- glue toilet paper rolls together
- decorate the outside of the tube; use your imagination and get creative!
- cut tissue paper into strips (about 2cm’s wide)
- cut the end off a container that has a bottom. cover sharp edge with duct tape, if necessary
- glue tissue paper strips to one end of tubes. this will be the bottom of the wind tube
- make three holes at the opposite end of the tissue paper and tie string through them. this is the top and tie the three string together at the ends, so that the wind tube can be hung
we hung our finished wind tubes outside on our front porch and watched the wind make them dance! the kids were super impressed and felt pretty proud. they were able to do so much of this craft on their own!
do you think this craft project is something your kids might be interested in?