my boys have their own sense of style and love to look fancy.
they love to look handsome for birthday parties, weddings and christmas festivities are no different. so, this season i am again sewing new bow ties for my wee trend setters, which they will discover one december morning in their advent calender! see previous tutorial HERE.
this is such a quick n’ easy sewing project.
* festive fabric of your choice
* thread, needle
* cut two rectangles, one bigger than the other.
* fold fabric in half with the patterns sides facing each other, sew around the edges, leaving an unstiched opening at the end.
* sew all the way around your rectangle, except for a small opening at the end. you need this opening to get your fabric right side out.
* cut the corners and then turn the rectangles right side out. mine look wrinkly, because it’s a tight squeeze through the small opening! a quick iron will that!
* sew up the openings by hand.
* this time i used a small scrap piece to cinch up the two rectangles to create the bow tie shape. before, i’ve sewn specific pieces for the centre for cinching. you can find those instructions HERE.
* cut and measure elastic band. loop through the back of the bow tie and then sew the wends together.
and don’t forget, bow ties are not just for boys!