it is almost halloween, which means we are in full spider, witch, pumpkin’ craft mode!
last week i splurged and bought some silly supplies from the craft store… things like more googly eyes, tons of pipe cleaners, black felt and orange glitter! definitely a halloween theme going on here!
so, here is what lion and i made… SPIDERS! this craft is perfect for the younger kiddo’s, as there is nothing creepy or scary about these spiders!
- 1 toilet paper roll
- white glue
- coloured construction paper
- 1 big pom-poms
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 black pipe cleaners
- a sewing needle
- cut toilet paper roll in half, cut construction paper to fit around each toiler paper roll half
- clue the paper onto toilet paper roll, and decorate. lion just used markers, but use your imagination here!
- take one pipe cleaner and cut into 4 equal parts (i folded the pipe cleaner in half, and then in half again to get the right size)
- poke 4 holes on each side of the decorated torso. i used a larger sewing needle and wiggled it around to make sure my pipe cleaner would fit through. attach legs and bend into spider-y pose!
- glue the pom-pom into one end of the roll, then glue on eyes!
- voila! a halloween spider!